What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Scoot....Scoot (Warning: Spoilers)

Some of the characters that Greg draws can be seen "scooting" in his cartoons.  I like that word.  I must use it more often.  I can't remember if there were any scooters in The Ugly Truth, but I do remember that this was a very enjoyable addition to the series.  Rowley and Greg are not friends through most of this book and that is sad, but the good news is, they patch things up at the end.  I was just talking to a woman who is reading The Third Wheel right now and we were discussing Greg's and Rowley's friendship.  Greg knows he needs Rowley, probably more than Rowley needs him, but they are the cutest friends!  Greg learns a lot of ugly truths in this book, as his Grammie has "THE TALK" with him and tells him of the horrors of getting old.  The best part was the wedding toast at Uncle Gary's fourth wedding.  Hilarious!  I wonder if Uncle Gary will get married again before the series is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment