What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

100 Happy Days 1/100

Yesterday I saw information about 100 Happy Days, a social media exercise in sharing things that make us happy!  I figured, why not?  Since I do have that funny little Valentine, Depression, this is something that might be good for me!
Yesterday our furnace broke.  It's pretty cold these days, so it wasn't the best of timing.  But the thing is, I was totally blown away by the kindness of those around me.  Folks offered to let me and my mom stay with them.  Some folks even said my dogs and cats could come, too!  My mom won't budge so we stayed home, but my dear friend Sharon lent me space heaters- and many others offered theirs.
Around 10:00pm, Sharon sent me a text that said, "I hope the stuff on your porch helps a little."
On the porch there were three brand new electric blankets and a power strip (she thinks of everything)!
So here is my picture of one of the glorious blankets and of the space heaters.  I am doing 100 Happy Days on my twitter account, which has very few followers, so I thought why not post here and then I can elaborate.  Far too often I elaborate on the bad.  But man, this was really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment