What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Mistake

I have been seeing Night available on eaudio from the public library for months now, but I didn't check it out because I was sure that I had read it.  I was surprised to find it in the teen section because I was sure that I had read in college.  But then I realized that I had never read night, but had it confused with Man's Search for Meaning.
So night was a painful, horrifying, there-are-no-words-to-describe story of a young boy in a Nazi death camp.  I didn't know that it is the first book in a trilogy.
I just can't really put into words how it feels to read or, as in my case, listen to this book.  I know that there is evil in the world.  But evil to this extent?  It is just nauseating.  There are no words to describe this kind of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment