What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ah, a good fable...

 I was recently told that I would be super addicted to theFables series, graphic novel/comic book.  I really didn't take the warning seriously.  Not at all.  I just thought, well, I will try one.  Just one.  Then I thought, well, I'll just see what the next one is like.  And then, oh, just the third.  I will stop at three.  Now I am currently reading Sons of Empire.  And that is Vol. 9.  So yes, I was warned but I didn't listen and now I am hooked.  They are all here, Snow White, Prince Charming, Beauty and the Beast, the Frog Prince, everyone.
See there is this bad dude, the Adversary.  And he and his armies have taken over most of the fable world.  Many fables have escaped and now live in New York City.  Sounds weird?  Yes.
Is it addictive and wonderful?  Yes.  But you are warned!
Also, this is not, not, not for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment