What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Literary Fiction

Graven Images by Paul Fleischman is another one of those books that will be enjoyed by folks of all ages.  Fleischman is such a creative, thoughtful and original writer.  I have never fully understood the distinction between literary fiction and genre fiction, but after reading a couple Fleischman books, I would have to put him in the literary fiction camp.
This little book contains three short stories and the audio edition, and maybe the printed one, not sure, has a not from the author which explains how the idea evolved.  All three stories were so different but all involved a graven image, something carved in wood or stone or marble.  Great, great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment