What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mustaches...all the rage!

I think that the mustache craze might be at its end, but for a while there, there were mustaches everywhere.  Fake Mustache came out at the height of the wackiness.  Tom Angleberger is best known for his Origami Yoda series.  There is a new one out and I haven't read it yet.  So I am sad.  But I did read Fake Mustache and I did like it.  I just didn't love it.  But I did read it rather quickly, because I had to write questions from it for work, so maybe I didn't really do it justice.  Of course, the cover is awful.  Awful.  But I really did find a lot of it to be rather funny.  It is a good one for guys and easy to recommend though, because I can see where it would be appeal to a lot of folks.  There is this evil dude, his name is Fako Mustacho he does something to people and they start robbing banks.  But I am not sure why.  And I am not sure why Casper, the kid who bought the fake mustache, bought it in the first place.   Is he Fako Mustacho?  I am not sure.  I think this book left me feeling very confused.  But a lot of people love it very much.  And a lot of boys love it, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment