What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Number 10...have I stayed too long at the fair?

It's bound to happen.  It happened with the Private/Privilege books, even.  And how I did love those.  But I think after gorging on the same deliciousness for so long, it was bound to get old.  Not to say that I am below the four star rating, not at all, Volume 10 was a solid four-star, but it just didn't have that five-star sparkle, as the others did for me.  While I do love Flycatcher and I loved what he did here with setting up Haven, I still don't know his backstory.  Did I miss it somewhere?  What horrible thing happened to his family?  Now I just read the wikipedia article and that makes sense.  But was this in a comic that I missed?  I am going to take a Fable break, but I know I will come back to them.  Maybe the break will help me to appreciate them as I once did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment