What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Oldie but Goodie

Mr. Popper's Penguins was written in 1938, that was a long time ago.  The story is set sort of during the time of the life of Gypsy Rose Lee in the time of Gypsy, or so it seemed to me.  That whole traveling act kinda deal.  I liked that. It made me think of Frances "Baby" Gumm, and we all know how much I love her!  This book makes a great read aloud for younger children.  It was made into a movie, starring Jim Carrey, which I did not see.   Well worth reading and funny illustrations.  It did win a Newbery Honor, which is weird because kids like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment