What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Drew Me In...SPOILER

I have to say that I was put off by the title of My Soon-to-be-Sex Life.  Put off, but yet, drawn in!  So it must be a good title!
This is a not a book for those who are offended by swearing.  There is a lot of swearing.
It also isn't a book for someone who doesn't like to read about the possibility of teens having sex before marriage, as you can probably tell from the title.
But the thing is, this book isn't a bunch of smut.  Not at all.  There aren't any descriptive acts.  SPOILER COMING.  The main character, Charlie, is wanting to badly to lose her virginity, but she doesn't in the course of the book.
Judith Tewes does a really realistic job of looking into why some teens do end up having sex, and she does a really good, non-preachy job of it.  She doesn't condemn sex among teens, but she doesn't glorify it.
There is a lot, lot, lot to talk about here.  Family relationships, faith, what it means to be a Christian, Alzheimer's Disease, just a lot.
Also, it was very funny.  It moved quickly.  I do hope to read more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment