What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Keena! Keena! Keena!

Many years ago now, a young girl came into the library asked me for a Keena Ford book.  We had them, but I had never read them.  I am so sorry it has taken me so long to read one.  Keena Ford and the Field Trip Mix-Up was terrific.  Keena is someone who could be friends with Roscoe, Alvin and Ty and Billy.  Not Ivy, Bean and Freddy
Keena is a lovable, loving second grader who lives in DC.  The scene in which the Representative makes Keena feel better about her lost hair braid is great! 
Really great book.  I am reading the first one now.  Loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment