What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Trolling

Is trolling a thing anymore?  The Trolls by Polly Horvath is a pretty funny book.  It's not laugh-out-loud funny, bizarre, hilarious like The Pepins and Their Problems.  But man, it subtly tells a story that is important, interesting and amusing. 
Siblings Melissa, Amanda and Pee Wee need someone to stay with them when their parents go on vacation.  Their regular babysitter is sick and there is no one to take care of them but their father's sister from Vancouver Island,  Aunt Sally. 
Aunt Sally is very different!  And she brings with her, stories of the family from long ago. 
The ending really made the book for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment