What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Heart breaking and heart warming

Becoming Naomi León is a beautiful book.   Again it is another one of those books where after I read it, I just thanked God for the gift of such a talented author and her willingness and ability to share her stories with all of us.  This is the first book that I read by Pam Muñoz Ryan and right after I quickly picked up The Dreamer for a listen. It was incredible as well.  So I am looking forward to my next book from PMR.  

Becoming Naomi León is a story about a really rotten mother, a wonderful grandmother and a really, really neat kid and her brother.  The book takes place in both the US and in Mexico, in the city of Oaxaca, where the Night of the Radishes is held.  What a cool, cool thing!  I don't imagine I will ever get there, but maybe.  I could drive!  Actually, it might be cool to go for Día de Muertos!  

No comments:

Post a Comment