What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Very Creepy...I only wish I had waited until October!

The Night Gardener took me a while to read because I really loved reading it.
First of all, what a great cover!
Second, what an original story!
Third, what a wonderful way with words Jonathan Auxier has!
I read this book while I was reading The Madman of Piney Woods and it was kinda cool that both have ties to the Irish Potato Famine.  Again, I am ashamed of my lack of historical knowledge.  I knew about the Potato Famine but I didn't realize how much the British contributed to the horrors that the Irish faced.
This book is GREAT scary story and Molly and Kip are really, really cool characters.  There is a lot of good vs. evil here and a lot to think about regarding greed.  Good. Good. Good!  I hope there will be an audio, because this would be cool to listen to with the right narrator.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment