What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Memories of a Song...

Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love is the sequel to Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree and it is written by Lauren Tarshis, the mad-crazy-selling author of the I Survived series.  I didn't expect AWESOME things from Emma Jean Lazarus Fell in Love, but that is what I got.  I guess I thought...I don't know...a Scholastic series, formulaic writer, maybe?  Yes, that is what I thought, even though I really did like I Survived Pompeii, 79 AD.   I am sorry that I didn't have hopes for a super great book in EJLFIL, I just checked the audio out because it was available and I needed a book.  I didn't know it was a sequel, either.  But I am so glad that I didn't know, because I probably wouldn't have listened to it and I would have totally missed out on the great book that this was!  I am going to read the first one, second because I need to find out more about this quirky Emma-Jean!
Opps, I almost forgot that this book title reminded me of the song Norma Jean Riley.  It's a catchy little tune that I thought was by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, but it is Diamond Rio!

No comments:

Post a Comment