What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

You Gotta Have Hop

this is a terrible, terrible song.  But Hope is a Ferris Wheel is a really, really good book.  This is Robin Herrera's first book.  I bet she just gets better and better.  I liked all of the characters in the book....well, not the dead-beat dads.  But we don't have much contact with them.
Star is ten she tells the story here.  She and her mom and her sister, Winter move from Oregon to a trailer park Northern California.
There's a lot of stuff going on here, but it is all blended together so well.  The book is so well written that it just flows like really life.  Winter and Star are the kind of sisters that make me wish I had a sister.  Very realistic, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment