What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Festival of Fear has a great cover if you are into creepy things.  I had actually seen Figures of Fear at the library and so I thought I was buying this book on audible, but I bought Festival instead.
I am not sorry I did.  As every reviewer writes, "As with all short story collections, some stories are better than others."  There was one story that was just absolutely too graphic for me, not from a gore or violence perspective, but it was very sexually graphic.  That was not my thing at all.  I am far too old. Not only that, but it just was so out of place, I thought.  Still, I think I will read Figures.  But I have to start moving again on reading and so I don't know when I will get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment