What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

At Least

Body Shaming is the big news these days.
For the past three years and six months I have been on a weight loss kick.  I've lost 208 lbs by changing my diet and adding exercise.  And now I read things like this and this and this.
And please don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone should be shamed for what they look like.  I mean, I don't think anyone should be shamed at all.  Except for their behavior when it hurts and demeans and shames others?  But then there is the turn the other cheek thing and do we really teach the harm of shaming if we retaliate by shaming.  So there is that.
But the thing is, now, when I am no longer morbidly
obese, obese or even overweight, it is not okay to make fun of morbidly obese, obese or overweight people!  I really could have used that when I was a kid, you know?  And I hope that there will come a day when no one is judged.  Period.  And that includes judged by what they look like on the outside.
I guess if I want to feel better in sick, twisted way, I can always take comfort in the fact that David Levithan still hates fat people!

No comments:

Post a Comment