What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Running Outside


One of the best things I did last year was find a guy named Jake Lowe.  Running with Jake is his podcast and I have learned so much from it, even though I am not a real runner.  I call what I do lumbering, because I am so very slow.  At least so far I am consistent though! I do 3.5 miles outside, six days a week and 4 miles indoors once a week.  Been at it since last January, after missing almost 9 months of running because of a fall.  Prior to my fall (which was not an injury- just a really public embarrassing fall!) I was five miles a day, outside, for two years.  I can’t do five any more...I lost a lot of fitness and confidence in that time off, even though I treadmilled and ellipticaled...it just wasn’t the same...

Anyway..Running with Jake I can whole heartedly recommend for runners or lumberers or plodders of any speed.

Today I was able to run in the park and my phone battery was such that I had to turn off the podcast to which I was listening.  And you know...it was lovely and peaceful and maybe I will try it again.

I guess I don’t often like to be alone with my thoughts, but today was okay.! 

No comments:

Post a Comment