What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Am I Everett or Virgil?

So my friend Karen and I have read Appaloosa and we definately agree that we are Everett Hitch and Virgil Cole. We just can't figure out who is who. If you and your friends have a strong sense about right and wrong and you like to see justice done your way, I bet you'll have the same discussion once you read this western by Robert B. Parker. Sigh, yes, that's right...the late Robert B. Parker. I'm still getting used to that. I hadn't read a western before Appaloosa and I never had any intention of reading one. One day though I saw that Parker had a new book out and I assumed it was a Spenser or Jesse Stone or Sunny Randall one and I put it on hold at the library. Imagine my serious disappointment when it came in and I discovered it was a western. Once I was ten pages into it though, I was hooked. This book is also a film by the same name about two cowboys, Hitch and Cole who are hired to protect a town from the very nasty crook and his gang who have been terrorizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment