What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ADVANCED COPY!

Yes! I got my hands on an advanced copy of This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer! I have been waiting for this book for so long, after tearing through Life As We Knew It and The Dead and the Gone. This World We Live In doesn't come out for another 56 days, but I lucked out! You can luck out, too. If you go to netgalley.com you can download the advanced copy to you hard drive or a Kindle! For free!
Anyway...I so love this series. I'm still plodding my way through The Lightning Thief which I am sort of enjoying and listening to Half-Moon Investigations and REALLY liking it, but I couldn't stop myself from starting This World. Plus, I have to return it to our county's teen services coordinator, so it can be passed on to other librarians! I am loving it so far. Only on page forty-six, but it is excellent.
!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!
Just finished it last night! AMAZING! The ending blew me away. I am so sad that this series has come to and end, but again, I have to admire the authors who know better than to drag out a series way longer than they should-- like, um...HARRY FREAKIN' POTTER!
Way to go, Susan Beth Pfeffer! Thank you for another amazing book!

No comments:

Post a Comment