What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

I am very quick to admit that I am drawn to book covers and yes, I do judge books by them! It was the cover that made Wish You Were Dead my next book on the "to-read" list. Then when I saw it was Todd Strasser I remembered Give a Boy a Gun (about a high school shooting) and how much I liked it and I knew I had to read Dead. I was just reminded that Strasser also wrote Can't Get There From Here about homeless teenagers, another excellent book.
Dead isn't quite as good as Get There and Give a Boy but it is definitely worth reading. An anonymous blogger writes about the kids who pick on her at school. Not long after she posts her entries, those kids disappear. It is a pretty far-fetched ending but no more far-fetched than real life, I guess! A short book and worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment