What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Middle School Mischief

I love Fletcher Moon, the middle school detective in this really funny and original book.. Here is a situation where a character SHOULD have a series, but Half-Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer (his first names is pronounced Owen) is a stand-alone. All of the reviews I read for this book said that it hints of a sequel and yes, it does, but it was published in 2006 and there hasn't been a sequel. There is a series on BBC though so that makes me feel bad that I ripped on the BBC in my review of Percy Jackson. I guess BBC can't be bad if they have made Fletcher Moon into a tv star! I wish I had BBC now. I can whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries and has good sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment