What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Money Makes the World Go Around

This is from Sharon Flake's website:
I write about hope in hard places, about young people who encounter challenges but through perseverance, the help of good friends and the love of family and caring adults, learn just how wonderfully gifted, determined and capable they are.
That's why she's the writer and I'm not! No way I could have put that into words as beautifully as she did. Man. She is just so brilliant. Money Hungry is the painful but indeed, hopeful story of a thirteen-year-old girl named Raspberry who lives in the projects with her mother. Raspberry believes that the only way she can feel safe in life is to amass as much money as she can. She realizes though that no matter how much money she has, it is never enough. This book is heartbreaking and so real. This is a very quick read that will stay with me for a long, long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment