What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Come on, Jesse!

This is the last Jesse Stone novel and probably the last Sunny Randall one, too. Sigh. Robert B. Parker, what will we do without you? I started reading Split Image last night and I'll be finished today. Then it will be over. All I can hope for is that Jesse is strong enough not to get back with Jenn. Oh please, please Jesse, oh most wonderful Chief of Police of Paradise. Please be strong! Be as strong with Jenn as you are with all of the evil bad guys you face-- like the gangstas in Split and their ultra-weird twin sister wives. Jesse. Stay strong. Sunny is great. Hang out her. You don't have to give your heart to her. But just, please, please, please don't go back to Jenn. I know exactly how it feels man. But you can be strong!
UPDATE
Okay so I finished Split. It was so sad to see it end. I wanted to be like other people who reviewed it on amazon and take my time with it, to make it last, but I couldn't. It was just too good. That's the way all of Parker's books were to me.
I think I will go and cry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment