What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Really Stayed With Me...

Great book. Man. For a long time I kept seeing The First Part Last. I don't know why, but I never picked it up. I wonder if the copies I saw before had bad covers. This one has a great cover. I can't seem to find any images of the hardback online though. Maybe it was REALLY bad and that's why you can't even google it! Anyway, I wish I would have read this sooner. It is nothing like I thought it would be.
The book goes back and forth between THEN and NOW. THEN - when Bobby was just finding out he is going to be a dad and NOW - when Bobby is going taking care of Feather all by himself and trying to finish high school as well.
But I figure, if the world were really right, humans would live life backward, they'd be all knowing in the beginning and innocent in the end. - Bobby says this near the beginning of the book. I really think it is beautiful and poetic. Pretty much like the whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment