What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

READ THIS NOW


How much did I love Birthmarked? Well I left it in my car one night and it was about one am, rainy and cold so I bought it on my Kindle. Then I put it on my phone. I wanted to read this book twenty-four hours a day. I read all through the night and wasn't even tired, even though I had to work the next day. This is another dystopian book and I have to say I think it is better than the one that my favorite before, which was Hunger Games, which is still a totally amazing book, but this book is fantastic! The story is set in the future after the world has gotten totally messed up because of climate change. Lake Superior is now the unlake- all of the bodies and stuff like that have dried up and water is in really short supply, especially for the folks who live outside of the Enclave in the sectors. Gaia is a sixteen year old girl who lives in Western Sector Three. She and her mother are midwives. The deal with being a midwife though is that the first three babies born to each midwife have to go directly to the Enclave so that the wealthy folks there can adopt the kids and the kids can be "advanced" into a happy, privileged life. In the first chapter Gaia discovers that her parents have been taken prisoner by the government. She has to figure out what in the heck is going on and how to get her parents out of the Enclave. This book has a TERRIBLE cover, but it is fantastic! It has romance in it, sigh, but that is okay! READ THIS BOOK DUDES! FOR REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment