What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Yawner and a Shameful Experience

Another pair of romantic comedies are playing at the drive in this weekend. Don't ask why I put myself through this because I don't know. The first one, The Back-Up Plan, staring Jennifer Lopez really isn't so bad yet. J-Lo is a woman who decides to get artificially inseminated because she believes she'll never find Mr. Right. Of course, as soon as she gets pregnant, she thinks she's found him. So far it is kinda cute even though the supporting characters are the typical cardboard characters a J-Lo is acting as the same character she has been in the past one million movies. One great thing about the movie is that Linda Lavin is J-Lo's grandmother! How cool is that! Okay so J-Lo just told the guy she's pregnant. He was so mean! I heard the guy in the next car say, "What an a--hole!" Whoever is with that guy in the next car should think about hanging on to him! That was a pretty cool reaction! Well now he just burped really loud so I'm guessing they are pretty serious or even married! Okay so now the couple is breaking up. Hmm...I wonder if they will get back together in the end, once they realize they really do love each other. Just once I'd like to see a realistic ending, like maybe they will realize they really aren't meant for each other- like 50% of couples do. I guess it would be good for me to put SPOILERS on this review, but come on, does anyone really expect a romantic comedy to NOT have a happy ending? Oh well yeah, so much for a spoiler. Yes, they got back together. Danger. Shark jumping zone.

Up next is Dear John. I know nothing about it but a couple is falling in love already and the guy is in the Army. Oh my gosh. After a quit Google search I have discovered that this is a Nicholas Sparks movie. I feel ill. There is nothing more I can say. This review is officially over.

No comments:

Post a Comment