What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ungrateful Dead

More stories of the Unconsecrated in The Dead-Tossed Waves, but this time most folks call them Mudo. I kinda wished that the story would pick up right where we left Mary in Forest, but Dead is actually a "companion novel" rather than a sequel. No matter, Mary plays a decent sized role in this book as well. The main character is no more likable than Mary was, however. Dead features a love-struck Gabry, who lives in a town called Vista. When she and her buddies decide to climb over the Barrier that keeps the Mudo from Vista all heck breaks loose and their lives are never the same.
As long as I kept in mind that this was a horror book, I really enjoyed it. Again, I could over look the miserable lead character, the sappy love story and the WHOA! HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN!?! factors. Just as with Forest, as soon as I was done reading Dead, I wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment