What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Party on and on

and on and on. This Party never seems to end. This was another book with better cover than content.
It is unique in that it is told from the point of view of eleven different people. I really liked that part because I like books told from different points of view. It kinda breaks up book you know and if you don't like one of the characters, you know that in just a few pages, you'll get to another character! Hooray!
So you would think that will eleven characters there would a few who would be cool.
No way. Ten of them are absolutely horrible, unsympathetic or just plain boring or maybe have potential but you never really get to know them you know? Azize was the only character I liked.
I am just now thinking though that I should be kinder. I mean, this is the guy's first book. And like I said...I didn't hate the ten characters. I thought some were very interesting, it was just that there wasn't enough time or room or whatever to say more about them. I would have liked to know more about Antho and Max and Josh...yeah, Josh was pretty cool and complicated. I liked Josh. So yes, as I write this, I am liking the book more and yes, I will read another book by Leveen, for sure. A decent first showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment