What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

But would you WANT them to come back?

So this book was frustrating. It just so didn't end the way I wanted it to end. They Never Came Back was still a really good book, and its not like it was a BAD ending, it wasn't. It just was not the ending I wanted.
I guess that means that it was a very good book from the perspective that it made me care about the characters. I really did. It also kept me guessing, too.
Cathy is taking a summer course in Latin at a local high school- not her own- with a bunch of other kids from different high schools. During lunch one of the other students approaches her like she's a ghost and he is totally flipped out and happy because he is sure that she is his long-lost cousin, Murielle. When Murielle was ten, her parents- the dude's aunt and uncle skipped the country because they had stolen millions and millions of bucks from their clients in investment scams. Cathy is like, 'Um dude, sorry...not Murielle!'.
I don't want to say anymore about the plot but the book is told from two different perspectives-- Cathy and Murielle and it flips back and forth from when Murielles parents ran off with the money to present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment