What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Day More

How much do I love that song from Les Miserables! Tomorrow I go to the doctor to set my date for my bariatric surgery. I am pretty darn excited! A lot of people ask me if I am scared, but those kinds of things don't scare me. God has gifted doctors and nurses with special skills. I leave the professionals to their work and see what happens. Of course there are risks. There are risks with everything. There's a huge risk to continue to live as I do now, the technical term for it is morbidly obese. So what is the harm in following the suggestions, urgings in two cases, of three doctors and having the surgery? I think the possibilities of going through with it are much more exciting than doing nothing! Listen and watch this. Really listen to the words. This is probably one of my most favorite songs in the whole world and one that I feel really describes me. That's why I can't NOT try this surgery. I at least gotta try!

No comments:

Post a Comment