What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Where is the next one!?

Beautiful World was supposed to have a sequel! But I can't find anything about it anywhere!
I am very sad!
This is all I can find. And as you can see it is nothing but sad news!
I loved this book! Yes it is cheesy! But it is also different! Even Publisher's Weekly said so if you read down on the the first link to the reviews.
Ann Werner (who pretends her name is Amelia because she thinks it is more glamorous) really wants the high life, but she and her brother Zach are just posers. Their dad is an nontenured classics prof and their mom is gone, gone, gone. Ann/Amelia and her brother pretend to be high society jet setters and befriend a truly rich but innocent girl to get in tight with the big time. Not great lit but great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment