What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Do you have a secret?

I don't have many secrets.  Actually, if I think about it...I don't have any secret-secrets!  What I mean is, there isn't anything about me that no one knows.  At least I don't think I do.  If I do, it must not be a big deal kind of secret.  Not everyone knows all of my secrets but I don't have a secret that at least one person doesn't know!
In Tell Me a Secret, seventeen year-old Rand has one.  And her older sister Xanda had a big secret.
Xanda was the troubled sister, now dead.  Dead at the hand of a bad boy she never should have been dating, according to her parents.  Rand was the good sister, the girl who was going to do well and make her parents proud, but then she gets pregnant.
There are a lot more issues going on here in addition to the pregnant teen deal.  The book deals with friendships, parent-child relationships, forgiveness, mental illness and the fact that "faith manages."
This is Holly Cupala's first book and if this is what she can do in a first book, I can't wait to see what she has for us next.  A very original and honest book, a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment