What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, December 27, 2010

You Slay Me...

Batman.  The Killing Joke was recommended to me by a young man at a teen book group led by the amazing Kelly. It is clear then, that I am once again in debt to Kelly for introducing me to some fine reading material.  In this case the material was a bit disturbing, but that's okay!  It was quite good. 
As I have mentioned before, I don't know much about graphic novels and comics, but I know what I like and I really liked this.  Maybe that says a lot for a comic as it is, that a particular comic can become a favorite of someone who isn't all that into comics.  It must be a great comic, right? 
This one must be an especially good comic because it's a Batman one and Batman has this whole big history going on and legions of fans and backstory and frontstory and futurestory.  And I think I've seen maybe one movie, I think and I really know hardly anything about Batman but the tv theme song, but yet, I really loved this comic! 
One word though, it is for sure not for little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment