What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

An Odd Halloween

This is the second graphic novel featuring Odd Thomas. I had to wait for it and there's still a waiting list at the library, so I guess and I'm pleased that this is a popular series, because I'm looking forward to reading more. I do love the Odd Thomas books, even though every knows Dean Koontz can be preachy.  These two graphic offerings have been less so, which makes them even more enjoyable. I especially loved Odd is on Our Side because it is set during Halloween. The Halloween decorations in town of Pico Mundo are most cool. Most cool. In this story Odd and his soul mate, Stormy, battle something evil that is threatening the lives of children during the town's Halloween celebration. The mystery is not a difficult one, but original in the way it plays out. There is humor and more in the story. I sped through it and hope the third one will be out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment