What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

V is for the very, very extraordinary...

and you know the rest.  I wish I liked Nat King Cole more.  I don't know why I don't.  Maybe I just haven't listened to him enough.  Maybe I don't like him for some really, really odd reason like why I didn't like the title of the book Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
Maybe I don't like NKC because his name, naturally reminds me of Old King Cole.  OKC is just gross.  Just sitting around, calling for his pipe and his bowl and the fiddlers.  Three of them!  As if one fiddler isn't enough.  He just seems SO greedy.  No wonder he was a merry old soul, I mean everyone was doing whatever he wanted.  He didn't even have to move.  Gross. 
So that's probably why I don't like Nat King Cole, who sang Love is Made for L-O-V-E.  And the word extraordinary is in the song.  And that's the title of this book by Nancy Werlin.  ExtraordinaryExtraordinary comes on the heels of Impossible, which I loved.
I did love Extra as well but I'm writing this review about a week later and all I can remember is that it was truly a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment