What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ambition can be good and bad

I've always thought that ambition was a good thing to have, but it does have some not-so-nice connotations to it, doesn't it?  Ambitious.  Driven.  I don't know....they sound...pushy...self-serving, sometimes.  Although, one can be ambitious about being selfish, couldn't one?  I am not sure.  Is that like having pride in being modest?
Somehow I am sure you have figured out that the girls at Easton don't really care about doing the right thing, unless the right thing means that they end up on top.  And making it to the top, well that's what every Easton girl wants.
In Ambition Reed sees her good fortune coming to an end.  For awhile there, she was the big time.  President of Billings House, the most sought-after girl on campus, but now she is a pariah.  Even though it is hard to be sympathetic toward Reed, I did feel for her in the book.  I had to buy this one on the Kindle, too!  Couldn't wait!  I am so addicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment