What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nearly Over

Now I have finished all of the published Private books.  I must say that I am still hooked and probably will buy Vengeance instead of waiting to get it at the library, but that doesn't mean that my recent dislike of Reed has changed!  I really don't like this girl.  She is way too whiny and miserable.  I do love Noelle though.  It's funny how things change as the series goes on.  Ominous is quite ominous indeed, especially for those of us who really believe that witchcraft is something to be avoided.  It is realistic though, as I have known a lot of people who get caught up in this kind of thing.  I remember when the movie The Craft came out, at my place of work there was this high school girl, who was so into the whole witchcraft thing.  She was also really vain and even said, "I, of course, am the witch of beauty.  Because I am the most beautiful of our coven."  Hilarious.  But while her arrogance was laughable, I don't think that witchcraft is a laughing matter.  I know it isn't devil-worship,  I understand what Wicca is and all of that and I it is definitely not something that I would get involved in at all.
Anyway....this book probably has the most violence in it of all of the books so far and it is way out there.  The series has jumped the shark for sure, but the problem is, I have jumped with it and must see it to it's bizarre conclusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment