What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Back in the Day...

when real ladies were witches and cast spells and killed each other...The Book of Spells is set in the good old days.  The Billings Girls are witches.  Most of the non-Billings girls would probably have no problem believing that.  Figuratively anyway.  But in BOS we discover that all along the girls have had serious witch power.  This prequel goes back to 1915 and features Eliza, Catherine and Theresa who have discovered a book of spells and are desiring to form a coven.
I usually don't like books set in the past, but I really did like this one.  I also felt it was decently written and a lot better than the past few Private novels.  I wouldn't read a whole series set in these bye-gone days, but this was just the right touch to help Private series fans understand what's going on at modern-day Easton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment