What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The End is Near!

So this guy <- Harold Camping has gone around putting up billboards and proclaiming that the world will end on May 21.  Wow.  We are SO blessed that he was able to figure out what Jesus Himself said no one knows!  Thank you, Harold! May I call you Harry?
I guess my mom and I will go to Joe's Crab Shack instead of Eat'n Park on Saturday.  Harry says the world will end at 6:00 pm, and I assume that's Cali time, so we'll get to have our last lunch.  We don't really have the extra money, but we can charge it.  Maybe Harry can send us some money Western Union.  What difference will money make after Saturday anyway?   I feel a little sad for Harry.  If you checked out his website, you will see that he has made it clear that this time it is for real.  I say "this time" because he was pretty sure that it was going to end in 1994 but that didn't work out.  He explained that at the time he didn't have all of the information he has now.  What kind of information?  Information like this?    Yes, there they are again...those pesky words of Christ!  Now Harry is REALLY sure.  I think that on Sunday Harry should take his website down, I mean, what is he doing to say?  If he were a Pittsburgher he could say, "Just Jaggin', Yinz!"  I don't know what they say in California.  I do know that I'll be saying extra prayers for Harry tonight.  Sunday is going to be a loooong day for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment