What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Face of Terror

Not a lot of people knew his name on Monday, September 10, 2001.  A lot of people know his name now and it has become, in some circles, synonymous with terror.   In my circle, too.
I still remember that beautiful Tuesday morning, I was walking with my dear friend Pennie and her toddler son in her neighborhood.  One of her neighbors came outside and told us that a plane had hit the World Trade Center.
That's how it began.  Hopefully it has ended with the death of Bin Laden.  A lot of people are wondering how to feel now.  Should a Christian rejoice that another human being is dead?  The answer is no.  But still I rejoice.  I apologize, but yes I am a Christian, but I am human and I am glad this man is dead.  I pray for God's forgiveness that I feel this way.  But am a glad he's dead.  Yes.  I am.
UPDATE:
Two weeks ago it was announced that Osama Bin Laden was dead and I wrote the post up there.  Now, after two weeks of prayer I find that I am not rejoicing in his death.  That indeed, it is not a Christian's place to rejoice over the death of anyone.  I still have very complex feelings regarding his death.  I will keep praying.  Praying, too and especially for the families of those left behind after Bin Laden's crimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment