What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Not my thing....

Man...Crossed was long.
Man. Long. I was hoping that I too might cross over (to the Promised Land) at times, before having to read one more page. I wish I would have gotten the book at the library, but I was so excited about reading Crossed, since I loved Matched, that I bought it on my Kindle. I'm not saying it wasn't worth reading, it just wasn't worth buying. Isn't that funny? I bought all of those Private and Privilege novels without even a second thought, nor did I regret buying them once I finished them. Some nights I bought two in a row because I HAD to find out what happened next! Crossed is better written than those books, right? Yeah, but man, it just didn't hold my attention. That says more about me than the book probably. The thing is, this book is probably best described as action/adventure. I guess I didn't expect that. There's more of the Ky/Cassia love angle, yeah, but most of the book is the description of their journey to escape Society and find each other and then to hook up with The Rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment