What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Maybe Just One Day Too Many...

I really liked 11 Birthdays! I just thought maybe it took one too many days to come to its final conclusion. So many people recommended it to me and I was glad to finally get to read it.
Leo and Amanda met in the hospital on the day they were born. Thanks to some help from a crafty old lady in town, they celebrated their first birthdays together and friendship formed between Leo and Amanda and their families.
On their tenth birthday, however, Leo and Amanda have a huge falling out and they don't talk for a year. They plan to celebrate their eleventh birthdays apart. And they do. But the next day, Amanda awakens to find that it is her eleventh birthday all over again!
A children's/tween tale of Groundhog Day, but it is still fresh enough not to be a copycat. I would recommend this book for sure. I want to read Wendy Mass' The Candymakers next, as I have heard that is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment