What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oh man! How did I miss this!

I was so happy to rediscover 43 Old Cemetery Lane when I saw the third in the series, new at the library. I had totally forgotten about it, but I don't know how, I loved the first one! So last night I read the second one, Over My Dead Body and it was great!
Seymour Hope lives with ghost story writer I.B. Grumply and the ghost of Olive C. Spence at 43 Old Cemetery Lane. His parents, Les and Diane Hope abandoned him there to write a rip-off book on why only fools and children believe in ghosts. Well this guy, Dick Tater, finds out that Seymour is living without his real parents and he starts a big investigation. He also doesn't believe in Halloween or ghosts and thinks all books about ghost stories should be banned. Will Seymour and Olive and Iggy get to stay together??? A great little book in a great little series, written in letters and newspaper columns and ads. Great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment