What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Twin Terror

Love books set in my hometown and around it- this book is set in Mount Pleasant, references Pittsburgh and the University of, Sewickley, Uniontown, Greensburg and Seton Hill, where I had a retreat my first trimester in seminary. Love books by Jack Gantos- Rotten Ralph, the Jack Tales, Joey Pigza, Mr. Gantos is beyond talented. Love books that are different, creepy, well written. Loved The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs. But man, it really grossed me out. It was disturbing! If you read the few reviews on amazon, you'll find a couple people who found it hard to follow or confusing. I don't think this is true and I'm a big lover of Stone Barrington books, so I am not sure where those folks are coming from. There was one especially negative review that I figure had to come from someone who hasn't read very much, even though they wrote it to sound as though they were a teacher or librarian or something. Don't read the negative reviews. But do read a summary of the book to see if it your cup of tea. This book might not be for everyone, but it is for those who don't mind feeling uncomfortable and don't mind thinking a bit, and who enjoy something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment