What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

This was something else....

So I found another good book to check out from the library to my BB, one I'd never heard of before, 7 Souls by Barnabas Miller and Jordan Orlando.
It begins with Mary, waking up in the window of the SoHo Crate and Barrel, naked with a few deep scratches on her back. She has no idea how she got there. She was probably thinking that this day, her seventeenth birthday, couldn't get any worse, oh but it does. Something very weird is going on and all of her friends seem to have turned against her, even her spoiled boyfriend Patrick "Trick" has broken up with her.
Ah but the day gets worse.
Think Egyptian curses and meth and guns.
This book didn't remind me of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver until I read a review that compared the two, but I think they are different enough that you don't have to compare. Good book and fun reading of the lives of rich and rotten in Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment