What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Feel Lucky

When Mary Chapin Carpenter first came on the scene I really loved her music.  I listened to her State of the Heart cd over and over again.  Likewise with Shooting Straight in the Dark.  I don't know why I stopped listening to her.  I think that I was turned off by what I thought her politics were but I actually don't KNOW what her politics were and so I feel like I was an unfair jerk about it.  And if I still liked her music, who cares what I thought of her politics (even though I didn't know what they were for sure).  So I think I will go back to listening to MCC every once in awhile, maybe. Especially I Feel Lucky.
Anyway....this is the first book in the Avery Sisters Trilogy and blew through it quickly.  There isn't any supernatural stuff in this one, like in Gorgeous, but it is the same timeframe as Gorgeous, just the story told from the youngest daughter's point of view.  Great series!  I'm off to read the third!

No comments:

Post a Comment