What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Falling Behind....

I am very happy that I went with my gut and didn't change my goodreads goal before I achieved it!  If July is any indication, I don't know if I will be even making the goal I set back in January  What has happened!  I've been caring for my folks and crazy (good crazy) busy at work and by the time I get home from work, I've been too beat to keep my reading eyeballs open!  Very sad!
Fresh Off the Boat was a sweet, quick read though, that gave me insight into a different culture, which is always a good thing.  It reminded me a bit of the Year of... series, but it isn't a copycat or anything like that at all, it just talks about folks making their way in a new country and adjusting, like Lovetorn was. Vicenzia and her family are from the Philippines where they lived a life of pretty serious luxury.  Now they are struggling paycheck to paycheck in San Francisco.  V has romance troubles and friend troubles and family worries just like all kids, but she also has to deal with the culture of a new country.  Good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment