What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crewel to Be Kind

Here I am talking about music again!  Do you remember Nick Lowe?  Sadly I don't either.  But I do remember the song he had, Cruel to Be Kind.  And that song reminds me of course of Crewel which is the first book in the new series, Crewel World by Gennifer Albin.
I got a preview of the book from iBooks by downloading Fierce Fall 2012 Reads.  I was hooked right away and couldn't wait to get the book.  When I bought it, I found it harder to get into, because it is big-time fantasy stuff, I mean like world-building kind of stuff, which isn't my thing, but the world built here is really interesting and I really enjoyed the book.
With a book like Crewel, it is hard to describe, so I think that giving away the first chapters or so, really works, because you really want to find out what happens and what is going on here.
It's a dystopian kind of deal, Earth is all dead and everything, but a new world has been created with the raw materials from Earth, like time.  And Spinsters weave life in this new world together.
This book is super creative and new and fresh and even though it was a little hard to get my mind around, I have to say that I will be looking forward to the next one, big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment