What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

And Then There Were None

That's an Agatha Christie book, of course, with a great title. I remember there was some Time-Life editions of her books and there were commercials for them when I was a kid. I remember the commercial has this book on it and also Murder on the Orient Express. Over the years I have tried repeatedly to read And Then There Were None, but with no success at all. Maybe I will try again! In the mean time, Ten reminded me of the premise. Ten teens, stuck on an island off of Seattle, one by one they are murdered.
Right away you know this book is a typical PG-13 slasher movie. But I have to say I enjoyed it so much more than the ridiculous Gone Girl. GG didn't recognize that it was a cliche ridden book. It pretended to be some big important deal with lots of MEANING. Which it didn't have.
So Ten was trying to be exactly what it was. Good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment